C4DLounge.eu - Cinema 4D Gebruikers Forum  

Go Back   C4DLounge.eu - Cinema 4D Gebruikers Forum > Algemeen > De Salon

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Vray 5

Hello

I tested VRAY 5 on my MacPro 2019. I am not impressed, the render times is now 4 times longer en al my materials are wasted time. So looking for a new render engine or good tutorial to improve render times with version 5.

also quality is not so good.

With render engines are used here? In R23 there is no prorender engine. For now Im stuck with version R21 + VRAY 3.7 in my MAC.

WORK: 3.2 GHZ 16 core MacPro - 96GB Ram - 32GB Pro Vega II - Cinema 4D R23 + CORONA RENDER

www.macobsession.be
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Send a message via Skype™ to Wes

Vray has been outdated for years now, unless you are doing architecture there is no reason to even consider it.

I am a 4years Octane user and loving it, versatility/speed/possibilities is amazing. However I bought Redshift last week and I'm loving it, it's a whole lot more complex compared to Octane but that just means more options and possibilities. Not planning on making a full switch but learning/using both sounds very powerful to work with.

If you want simplicity go for Octane, if you want complexity with a whole lot more options go Redshift is my opinion. They are both equally fast, one does some things faster then the other one, both have free trials so give it a shot!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

For me as a guy with a bad GPU but a not so bad CPU, Corona (the renderer, not the virus) has become the weapon of choice. It's very well integrated in C4D, at least as fast as the old Vray I was using and growing. You can use nodes or do completely without them and the materials make sense.
Setting up the renderer is a one click task and the light mix and the interactive viewport rendering are great.

Michael
Old 3 Weeks Ago

THX for the Corona Render option! Love it!

For VRAY 5, there was one setting wrong, "use world scale" so render times are the same like before. But missing some things. I made several test VRAY/CORONA and choice for CORONA. But stil testing

WORK: 3.2 GHZ 16 core MacPro - 96GB Ram - 32GB Pro Vega II - Cinema 4D R23 + CORONA RENDER

www.macobsession.be