C4DLounge.eu - Cinema 4D Gebruikers Forum  

Go Back   C4DLounge.eu - Cinema 4D Gebruikers Forum > RESOURCES > Recources, Tips >>>

Old 10th September 2011
Erelid

Quote:
In bijlage een tekening van iets wat me al langer intrigeert: die mesh is bijna perfect als je ze in detail bekijkt. Vraag me al een tijd af hoe je hier aan begint.
Dat is gewoon een kwestie van oefening baart kunst. Opzich is dit niet zo ingewikkeld hoor. Zie een project van mij.

- link -

Geen boolean gebruikt en ook maar weinig polygons.

Hier 1 van de wips die je kunt vinden op de link.

Attachment 5703

Het is zeer zeker te doen alleen moet je even oefenen voordat je de "hang of it" krijgt.

Peace,
Rich_Art.

Last edited by Rich_Art; 12th March 2015 at 14:12.
Old 17th April 2012
Erelid

Default new v3 beta (version Apr-16-2012) (win)

Quote:
A new v3 beta (version Apr-16-2012) is now available for download here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm , also linked to from the download page on the main web site.

This release is just to extend the expiration date for 6 more months, v3 development has been on hold while the Mac version has been being developed - that's nearly finished now and so I'll be starting up with new v3 features again soon.

There are no major new features for this release, but it does have an update to the IGES/STEP/SAT libraries and various minor bug fixes in it.

- Michael

Peace,
Rich_Art.
Old 30th April 2012
Erelid

Default new v3 beta (version mac)

Quote:
There is a new Mac OSX beta build available here:
http://moi3d.com/osxbeta.htm

This is a public beta release and does not require a license key. This beta expires on Aug-22-2012 .

Updated stuff:

- Faster start up and faster shutdown.

- Added Quit menu item to top menu and also Cmd+Q for quitting works now.

- Support for 3Dconnexion / Space Navigator type devices now working.

- Flicker when switching view modes (like from split view to maximized 3D view, etc.. using the tab control in the bottom toolbar) should be eliminated now.

- Screen redraw when resizing the main window should not be quite so gross now.

- Fixed drag/drop behavior, previously only the first drop onto the app icon would work and further drops would be ignored and also dropping other file types than 3DM like IGES files for example would not work. This should all be fixed now.

- Uses OSX native color picker for setting color values.

- Copy/Paste of geometry to and from Rhino OSX version now supported - both MoI and Rhino must be running at the same time for this to work.

- Fixed a bug where accented characters in file paths would prevent files from being read when system locale was set to some specific locations like Guatemala.

- Fixed a bug where a dialog box would occasionally pop up when interrupting some kinds of calculations, like when adjusting sliders in the Blend command.

Known bugs in this release:

- There is one major new bug introduced which is an occasional crash or lockup just immediately at application launch time. I've been able to track this down to a bug in one of the support libraries and it's just recently been fixed upstream so I'm expecting the fix to trickle down into the particular stuff that MoI uses pretty soon. In the meantime if you see a crash or lockup just immediately at launch just ignore that and relaunch.

Remaining stuff that I'm still working on:

- ReadPointsFromFile and WritePointsToFile scripts do not work - As far as I know these are the only 2 scripts that do not work on the OSX version and I will be adding some new script methods to make those work. I think once that happens the OSX version will hit 100% feature parity with the Windows version.

- Cmd+V / Cmd+C does not work for copy/pasting text into text fields, but using the Ctrl key does work. I will be fixing this up.

- Finish the current Deform commands, add icons for Twist and Flow.

Those 3 things and getting a fix for the sporadic startup crash are the only things remaining on my list of stuff for wrapping up the OSX 2.5 release. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if you see any other problems than those.

Thanks,
- Michael

Peace,
Rich_Art.
Old 26th May 2012
Erelid

Quote:
Fabien Franzen has been doing some workshops to introduce working artists and students to using MoI and 3D printing, and he's made the overview PDF available. It's a handy overview to general concepts and terminology especially for users who are just starting out with MoI.

It's available for download here: http://moi3d.com/download/Moi3d-Overview.pdf and I've also added a link for it to the Tutorials section of the wiki.

Thanks very much Fabien for doing these workshops and for making the PDF available!

- Michael

Peace,
Rich_Art.
Old 15th June 2012
Erelid

Default The final release version of MoI v2.5 for Mac OSX is now available!

Quote:
The final release version of MoI v2.5 for Mac OSX is now available!

What started as a tentative experiment is now a reality, and I'm very happy to report that the Mac OSX version offers the 100% exact same feature set as the Windows version - no missing functionality!

The Mac version is now available to purchase from http://moi3d.com/purchase.htm .

The way ordering works now is that for every v2 purchase when you receive your license key through e-mail you also get download links for both the Windows and the Mac versions, and you just download whichever one you want, or both if you have both kinds of machines. License keys are cross platform, the same v2 license key works on both the Windows and Mac versions.

If you have already previously purchased the v2 Windows version, you can use your same existing license key for the Mac version, you do not need to purchase a new license. Just go to this web page and enter in your license key to download the v2.5 Mac final version: http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm .

Thanks very much to all who participated in the public Mac OSX beta, I appreciate all your feedback and I hope that you enjoy using the new release. I'm looking forward to seeing cool stuff being done with it and I'm very excited to be able to reach a lot more people who previously would not have been able to use MoI!

- Michael
Peace,
Rich_Art.
Old 21st July 2012
Erelid

Default new v3 beta

Hi All,

check the link.

- link -

Peace,
Rich_Art.
Old 21st July 2012
Admin Team

hey Rich Art,

Dit is nu de 5de keer dat ik vol goeie moed moi wil proberen, want het ziet er veelbelovend uit en telkens stoot ik op gekke dingen, zoals geen menus bij de opstart en dan bij de eerste testjes dit soort zaken: zie bijlage.
Alles ineens een fillet geven lukt niet, soms moet ik het object selecteren en enter doen, soms moet ik de edges selecteren en dan enter, soms moet ik wat wachten, soms wil hij meerdere edges tegelijk doen en dan weer lukt het enkel per stuk en soms geeft hij gewoon foute dingen.

Ligt dit aan mij? of is er iets fout met mijn installatie?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rare dingen.jpg (183.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 21st July 2012
Erelid

Klinkt niet goed inderdaad.. Ik heb totaal geen problemen. Ja de fillet engine is niet helemaal super. Maar vaak is het een constructie fout van de gebruiker zelf.

Wat ik zou adviseren is je probleem posten op het forum van Moi..
Michael is een super gast en kan heel veel problemen oplossen......

Gooi je mesh eens deze kant op.. dan kijk ik er even naar..

Peace,
Rich_Art.

PS:Wil je echt veel gekke fillets maken dan is Autocad 123 (gratis) een handige oplossing.
Wel moet ik trouwens nog zeggen dat je wel even moet leren werken met Moi3D.. Het is een compleet andere denkwijze en aanpak dan SubD modeling...
Old 21st July 2012
Erelid

Zie bijlage.. :-)

Peace,
Rich_Art.

Last edited by Rich_Art; 12th March 2015 at 14:11.
Old 21st July 2012
Admin Team

bij deze de file, zal wel een stuk aan het leerproces liggen.
Maar ik test steeds dit ding uit omdat het zoiets is dat (met fillets) vervelend is om maken met C4D
Attached Files
File Type: zip probleem.zip (48.9 KB, 1 views)